Telephone Wire Mosaics with Donna Van Hooser
Are you looking for a new approach to creating mosaic art? One that uses thin telephone wire as an alternative to traditional micro mosaic materials? If you answered “yes” to these questions then we have just the course for you.
Donna Van Hooser has brought her one-of-a-kind course to Mosaic Arts Online and now you can learn her tried and true methods using everyday telephone wire to create colorful and detailed mosaics.
Donna created this technique while exploring how wire could be incorporated into her traditional filati mosaics. After many months of experimentation, you can now learn Donna’s perfected style of creating mosaics with wire.
In this course you will learn:
- How to acquire the cables of telephone wire
- How to remove it from the cables
- Donna’s method for cutting and bending the wire
- How to separate the colors into values
- How to use the Apoxie Sculpt on a variety of substrates
- How create simple designs that have flow and movement
- How to create jewelry and small items
- How to incorporate other materials with the wire mosaic
- How to create a sample figurative piece with values and shading
This technique can be very meditative and gratifying. The limited palette and simple method of cutting and bending the wire is very achievable for any level of artist. With a few tools and materials you will be creating your own telephone wire mosaics in no time.
Specification: Telephone Wire Mosaics with Donna Van Hooser