Mixed Media Mosaic Mandalas with Laurie Mika
Mandalas are geometric configurations of symbols, and they can mean many different things to people. Some define mandalas as: a circular geometric symbol of the universe in its ideal form, with the artistic creation signifying the transformation of the universe from suffering to joy.
Mandalas can bring a sense of peace and wholeness through their geometric shapes, and they can be a spiritual aid for finding peace through meditation.
There are few rules on how to create a mandala, and they can be done so in many mediums as a form of self expression. Mosaic Arts Online is thrilled to present this online course with world renowned artist Laurie Mika. Laurie brings over 30 years of art experience to this course and shares her love of mosaic art and polymer clay.
In this course you will learn:
- Laurie’s favorite substrate
- How to prep two substrates with different backdrops
- How to use stencils on polymer clay for unlimited design effects
- How to create proportioned layers of the mandala
- Laurie’s signature techniques for altering the surface of the clay
- How to embed glass tesserae and mosaic pieces into the clay
- How to create unique elements that can be added to the mandala
- How to bake the clay
- How to assemble the mandala
Through over 40 sections of information, Laurie shares all of her tips and tricks for successfully creating mixed media mosaic mandalas. This course is for anyone looking to create a beautiful one-of-a-kind piece of art, and there is no experience necessary. Once you have learned Laurie’s techniques, the sky’s the limit on how to create your own artistic version of these beautiful and colorful mandalas.
Included in this course is a PDF for download with a suggested list of tools, materials, and resources as well as Laurie’s “Technique Guide” for her process.
Specification: Mixed Media Mosaic Mandalas with Laurie Mika