Creating a Felt House with Gabriella Kovacs
I recommend this tutorial for beginner and advanced feltmakers as well.
The all videos are about 4 hours long. The processing time is for the small teahouse about 8 hours.
You can design a larger and more complicated version, too, if you like.
In this class, I encourage you to learn and master the method so that you will be able create your own shapes and forms. Alternatively, you can use the template that I designed.
The 9 chapters will lead you through step by step:
– Tools and materials list
– Aspects to consider when designing the form and decorative elements
– How to create the pre-felts, or use commercial pre-felt for this project
– How to build the whole pattern around the template
– How to felt and full the project
– How finishing touches lead to a beautiful piece in the end
The lesson includes a printable, detailed step-by-step 19-page pdf with lots of pictures and a magnifiable template. The PDF contact details will be shown in the video at the Materials and Tools episode.
The videos are in English without subtitles, but the workflow is also described in the pdf.
Specification: Creating a Felt House with Gabriella Kovacs