Baskets from the Garden
Create beautiful DIY baskets from plants. You’ll learn what plants to use, how to prepare them, and how to weave them into stunning natural baskets.
You’ll learn the magical art of basketry using plants. This is a comprehensive 3-hour, self-paced workshop.
You’ll learn how to source plants and how to prepare them:
- Soft long leafy lants
- Leathery thicker leaf plants
- Woody stem plants
- Rushes and grasses
(The type of plants you use will depend on where you live and the plants you have access to, but no matter where you are, there will be something you can use!)
You’ll learn to use plants to make your own baskets and fibre art pieces.
- Coil a basket using different plant fibres
- Create a random weave basket using Mat Rush (Lomandra)
- Weave a rustic basket using vines
Also included are four downloadable PDFs and worksheets to keep for your reference
- Resource list of items required for the course
- Plant Resource List
- Hints and Tips for better basket making
- Workbook to document the plants you discover for basketry
This extraordinary craft is a journey of discovery! You’ll be encouraged to experiment and embark on your own journey of discovery while learning a range of basketry techniques.
Please note these creative workshops are for personal use only and are not to be used or replicated in a commercial manner. By enrolling in a Craft School Oz online course you agree to this.